People in different parts of the world do not have clean water to drink or bath in. Some of those people die because the water is really dirty.
FACT: The United States wastes the most water out of any other country in the world.
FACT: Water pollution is very harmful to humans, animals and water life. One interesting fact is that we can go without food for around a month – but we’d only survive around one week without water. That’s how important water is!
Here are some ways you can help:
- Learning about the issue (like you are doing) is the greatest and most important step to take.
- Try shorter showers (10 min or less).
- Don’t keep the water running when you are washing dishes.
- Don’t run the water when you brush your teeth. Use a cup filled with water to rinse instead.
- Use the dishwasher or washing machine with full loads only, never half loads.
- Leave a bucket outside (in your garden or on your fire escape) to collect rain water & water plants / gardens.
Can you think of other ways to save water?